In this episode, special guest PlagueTV joins us as we passionately discuss the confidence (or lack of) in the Quake community, community managers, rumors around id taking over development, on-boarding and inspiring new players, content creation, changes to the duel format, Joe Rogan playing Quake Champions and much much more!
Don’t forget to enter our Scalebearer Statue Giveaway: playr.gg/contest/uP0XzIM
- 1:34 – Plague’s background
- 4:09 – State of Quake community events
- 7:41 – The community confidence crisis
- 9:48 – Quake community management discussion
- 16:42 – The lack of Quake Champions news
- 20:20 – id’s involvement in developing Quake Champions / Takeover rumors
- 24:49 – The importance of on-boarding for new players
- 31:25 – How to inspire new players to “git gud”
- 36:35 – The importance of shareable game content
- 39:06 – The role of content creators in relation to gaming
- 47:14 – Who should the development team cater to?
- 50:08 – Where do you see Quake Champions in 2 years?
- 52:06 – What is your favorite map / champion?
- 55:10 – What are your top 5 games?
- 58:40 – Who is your favorite streamer / caster?
- 1:00:39 – Discussion around changing the current duel format
- 1:11:53 – More Battle Pass afterthoughts – the XP grind
- 1:17:50 – Joe Rogan was spotted playing Quake Champions
- 1:20:18 – TWLOHA – To Write Love On Her Arms shout-out
Be sure to subscribe to these guys and PlagueTV on Twitch!
Even me if you want https://twitch.tv/SmangoTV