Red Eclipse 2 has officially launched on steam!
Red Eclipse 2 released December 19, 2019.
It is completely free to play and is a nice edition to the Arena FPS Genre! Be sure to check it out as this crew has worked hard to bring the game out with a solid release on Steam.
About Red Eclipse 2
- A modern, completely free first person shooter. No fees, no micro-transactions, no loot-boxes.
- Fast paced, modern first person shooter action with seven unique main weapons.
- Built on the permissively licensed, open source Tesseract engine.
- Available for Windows, GNU/Linux, BSD, and macOS.
- Parkour, impulse boosts, dashing, and other tricks.
- A huge amount of mutators and game altering variables.
- Create maps with other players in real time co-op edit.
- Over ten years of active development, and still going!
This game has been in development for a while. With a nice small user base already it has the potential to grow. I wish I could compare it to another game but there is nothing out there like Red Eclipse 2.
In the Arena First Person Shooter world, it feels more in the lines of a Unreal Tournament than it does a Quake game.
Red Eclipse 2 deserves some more love in the future, now that it is officially released. It is bound to get some more polish added to it to push it over the edge. Sprinkle some of that polish on this game and it would be a great title in AFPS genre.
If polish isn’t added to the game, then I’m afraid the game might fall by the wayside.